There's so much I want to tell, so much to think about, so much I want to write so y'all can experience this with me... but
There's just too much to do... I can't seem to pull myself away when I actually have enough energy to write! For example: I taught from 8am-2pm yesterday (they go straight without lunch etc) and then there was basically a government thrown block party for my neighborhood last night. We went around 9 and I got back to my room at 2am. Now, why this party with marachi bands, crazy druken dancing, rich people giving out pisco sour shots, other rich people offering me jobs if I want to stay in Peru forever, etc. was on a Monday night.... I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA!!!!!!! Now, mind you the knocking on metal doors, honking, dogs barking, kids screaming and playing, and sun rising all starts at about 5:30am if not before. Then I taught all day today, taught my friends how to make pizza, made a trip to the center, etc. I'm just plain exhausted, but I promise to write more soon!
Life is so good here. I wake up to a beautiful view of the the volcano and other mountains that guard the city. I walk down the same street saying "buenos dias" to the same store owners everyday. I'm starting to feel like, "hey, I actually am gonna be here for a little while." The community is starting to become aware of the stranger's (me) presence and starting to accept me I think. So that's fun and super fast!
Gotta run, cause it's getting late and I need to get back to my room and SLEEP tonight! I'll write more about teaching here soon.
Love ya!
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment