*So tell me why I was running back to the apartment last night with Aracely, cause we were running late and she was afraid Jaime was gonna be mad, I tripped and completely fell on my butt... ok not even my butt, but my knee and elbow really... how embarrassing and it hurt too
*So tell me why I was helping Aracely and Jaime make dinner last night and I turned around to see Jaime beating meat with a rock... yes, literally hitting the meat over and over with a rock, from outside, on the kitchen table...
*So tell me why I found myself riding a somewhat rickety bike up and down three big hills, small mountains in my opinion, on the dusty streets this morning looking for Jaimes car... which had broken down this morning on his way to work and he had asked Aracely to go look at it today and make sure no one was stealing anything and that all was ok... and why I never found it after about 45 minutes of riding. Which let me tell you, at this high altitude is harder than it sounds...
*So tell me why I was supposed to go into the center with Aracely today to learn how to make ceviche and that never happened... or why Jaime probably wouldnt let her...
*So tell me why the number keys with punctuation are not working on this keyboard right now...
*So tell me why the little students in preschool and kindergarden insist on calling me Ms. de Ingles instead of Ms. Kate...
*Or, tell me why I am so fortunate to be able to experience all of these things first hand with wonderful people around me who want nothing more than for me to have a great time, experience their culture to the fullest, and maybe even want to stay...
Dont worry grandma... Im not staying... but if you were coasting down a gorgeous hill and your entire view was a gorgeous Volcano rising above a crazy South American town... you would be a happy camper too.
Sorry for the lack of exclamations, smilies, apostrophes, or parenthesis... but on this keyboard they just dont exist... even the computer guy cant figure it out.
Later gators,
Kate
i love this post. tell me why i can't be there right now!
ReplyDelete